»

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have been thinking about having a blog for a number of months and I am so excited to have this opportunity to see it come to fruition. I am a huge supporter of President Barak Obama. It is so awesome to have a pro-active person in the White House. It is very clear to me that he inherited an amazing mess and that he and his team have been working VERY hard to make some major changes so that the people in the country who work hard every day can look forward to making a few steps forward instead of treading water or going backwards as has happened to many of us in the past few years. Although I am struggling financially, I often see people who have alot less. I help them in ways they need if I can and I am thankful for what I have. I am so humbled and grateful for these experiences.
I have been deeply concerned about many of the activities happening in this country that I hear about on the news. I am wondering whether we are a selfish nation and whether many of these activities are of hate, fear and despiration, since we haven't been taught that it is okay to ask for help. Do we know who our neighbors are? Do we take the time in our busy lives to say Hi How are you and truely mean it? I do not believe that we are all here to fend for ourselves. We are all interwoven together and put in a place where our gifts and talents can be used. What is at the root of hate and fear? What is it about us that makes us selfish?

0 comments: